You know what I mean by that if you are one of the writers out there who doesn’t have a preference for what you write: poem, short stories, novel, scripts etc. You can go from writing poetry one day to … Continue reading
Think of a story as something akin to a train without a brake headed toward interchanging tracks. There are two options ahead for it. Only two! One: it jumps onto another track without problem. Two: it derails, and with it, … Continue reading
When the wind beckons one can barely turn for it carries a voice known calling ever more the voices of souls dreaming of splendors.
Let’s not beat around the bush on this one. How did your Valentine’s Day go? Or what’s your plan? I’m sure you have a plan. Was it as you expected? Candle light dinners, movies, roses, chocolate etc. as treats? I … Continue reading
If I am to be very honest: what the? What is a writer’s resume and how is it very different to other resume? Good question, huh? I certainly think so. And how did I even stumble upon this oddity? Well, … Continue reading
This gallery contains 1 photo.
It’s not a wordless Friday, but still.
For everyone that loves books, pay a thought to it’s worth, even if it is ‘just’ an eBook.
Originally posted on chrismcmullen:
It’s interesting to compare the value of a book to other products:
- Suppose you’re thirsty and decide to buy a bottle of water. If you’re lucky, you might get a bottle for 99 cents (plus tax!); you might spend $2 or $3. A few minutes later, your bottle is empty. Is an eBook that provides hours of entertainment worth just the same?
- At lunchtime, you might grab some fast food for about $5. Maybe not the best meal, but it’s quick and relatively cheap. You gulp it down in a few minutes and it gets you through the day. Which is worth more—the meal or a good book?
- Remember the last time you went out for a movie. Were you able to get a ticket for under $10? Did you double or triple your expense with popcorn, soda, and candy? When the movie was over, did anyone say that the book was better? It’s funny how many people say that the book is better than the movie, but spend more money watching the movie.
- The next time you spend $50 on a date, ask yourself if the date turned out to be better than several good books.
- How much money would you spend for the chance to ride in a spaceship? You don’t have to spend a penny to enjoy the experience in a science fiction book. Now that’s a bargain.
- You can experience the lifestyles of the rich and famous or travel just about anywhere for the price of a pizza, simply buy reading a book.
- Learn how to do something new, take a vacation from the monotony of life, or live a fairy tale. The experience is priceless. The book that provides it is exceedingly affordable.
If you enjoy a book and feel that it’s worth much more than the price you paid, leave a tip: